|Date||Location||Early Bird Group Price|
|October 28, 2017||Plano, TX||$1,350||Register|
The Scaled Professional Scrum (SPS) Workshop will show you how to launch, structure, staff, and manage a large agile or Scrum project. In this 2-day workshop you will organize and simulate a scaled software development project to learn the infrastructure, tools and practices needed for success. You will leave knowing how to scale Scrum in order to maximize the value of your software development initiative.
In SPS, you will be introduced to the Scaled Professional Scrum (SPS) framework and walk through forming and managing a Nexus, the core development unit of SPS. This experience will help you understand the techniques, philosophies and challenges of formulating and coaching scaled Scrum projects.
Be ready to learn:
- The new roles, artifacts and events you need to scale successfully
- How to organize several teams working on the same product so efforts and productivity are optimized
- Practices that will help your teams build an integrated software product efficiently
- Techniques to detect irregularities and how to address them appropriately
- Challenges you may encounter in large-scale development initiatives and how to get back on track
SPS is targeted at development leads and managers and anyone else involved in formulating, participating or managing scaled Scrum product development. Organizations are encouraged to send a team of people that will be (or already are) running large Scrum initiatives.
It is especially oriented to those who:
- Already are effectively running small Scrum projects
- Want to apply multiple Scrum teams to develop a large system or product
- Managing scaled projects
- Struggling with scaled projects
Attendees make the most of the class if they:
- Have a solid understanding of Scrum either through working with a Scrum Team or through taking a Professional Scrum Master class or similar course.
- Have an understanding of development techniques, tools, and practices needed to sustain large scale development.
- Attempted the Scrum Practitioner Open assessment
Assessments and Certification
All participants who complete the Scaled Professional Scrum workshop receive a password to attempt the Scaled Professional Scrum assessment (SPS).
The industry-recognized SPS certification requires a minimum passing score on this rigorous assessment. Scrum.org maintains a public list with everyone holding the Scaled Professional Scrum certificate.