Team Kanban Practitioner (TKP)
Contact us to schedule a workshop.
As a Team Kanban Practitioner (TKP) participant, you will learn core concepts of Kanban and how you can use Kanban to get your team’s work under control. This class also covers visualization of different types of work and associated risk. By the end of training, you will have learned how to:
- Understand core concepts of the Kanban Method
- Learn the 4 types of Team Kanban systems and when each is appropriate
- How to run daily Kanban meetings
- How to proceed to the next level with Kanban
The Team Kanban Practitioner (TKP) class curriculum is based on the work of David J. Anderson, author of the definitive book, Kanban: Successful Evolutionary Change for your Technology Business and includes the following topics:
- Kanban Principles & Practices
- Meanings of Kanban
- Basic Kanban Concepts
- Feedback Loops
- Lean Kanban Interactive Simulation
- Board Designs
- WIP Limits
- Exercise – Design Team Kanban Board
- Service Delivery Workflow Kanban
- Proto-Kanban versus Full Kanban System
- Extending Kanban
Each participant in the Team Kanban Practitioner (TKP) class will receive the following:
- Courseware and materials
- Certificate of Completion of LeanKanban University’s Certified Kanban Training
- Membership in Lean Kanban University and listing in the LKU Alumni Directory
- A digital copy of the book Kanban by David J. Anderson
Who Should Attend?
Team Kanban Practitioner (TKP) training is for anyone wanting to learn the core concepts of Kanban and get started at the team level.
Alternative Path to Agility
This course is part of the Alternative Path to Agility series. The full series is designed to be taken in order and includes the following 3 classes:
- 1-day Team Kanban Practitioner (TKP)
- 2-day Kanban System Design (KMP I)
- 2-day Kanban Management Professional (KMP II)
5-day training sessions that include the 3 classes in the Alternative Path to Agility series are often available at special rates. Please contact for more details.