As a recovering manager
I want to stop solving problems for teams
So that I can enable self-organization…
One of the biggest reasons I failed my first attempt at the Scrum.org PSM-1 assessment was that I had a habit of solving problems I had no business solving. Ken Schwaber taught me three magic words to disrupt the tendency and temptation to solve team problems – “Ask the team!”
Attending Co-Active coaching training with Lyssa Adkins, David Darst, Lottie Martinez and Cynthia Loy Darst taught me 10 coaching questions that I could “Ask The Team”. Here they are…
- What do you see happening?
- How is it impacting our customers – value, waste, risk and flow?
- What would you like to see happen instead?
- What have you tried so far?
- How did it turn out?
- What’s getting in the way?
- What else might be possible?
- What would you like to try next?
- How can I support you?
- How can I help you keep your promise to yourself?
If you are a glutton for punishment 😉 read a longer version – https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/10-questions-1-belief-goal-navigating-choppy-waters-ravi-verma/