Professional Scrum Master II (PSM II)
The 2-day Professional Scrum Master II (PSM II) course is an advanced class designed to support Scrum Masters in their professional development.
Unlike the Professional Scrum Master (PSM) course which focuses on how to use Scrum, the Scrum framework and the role of the Scrum Master, PSM II is an advanced course which helps students to understand the stances that characterize an effective Scrum Master and servant-leader. The class dives deep into how Scrum Masters serve the Scrum Team, Product Owner, and the organization.
Students will learn about areas critical to growing as a successful Scrum Master such as how the principles and values of Scrum help guide Scrum Masters in the decisions they make and how the Scrum Master can help change the environment of Scrum Teams, creating the conditions for agility to thrive. Students will also explore related practices and skills which will enable them to have the right types of conversations and how to apply them to become better Scrum Masters. Throughout the class, your PST will provide stories, exercises, facilitation techniques (such as “Liberating Structures”), resources, and more.
Students are challenged to think within the Scrum framework, the underlying principles and values, and how they help guide Scrum Masters in the decisions they make. Students will also explore what practices, tools, skills, and stances make an effective Scrum Master.
- Understand what the Scrum Master can do to support Development Teams and Product Owners to become more effective.
- Explore how to help change the environment, making it more conducive for Scrum Teams to be successful with greater agility.
- Provide tips and techniques for the Scrum Master to work with the rest of the organization in support of their Scrum Teams.
- What makes an effective Scrum Master
- How to support the Scrum Team
- How to support the organization
- Challenges of middle management
- Dealing with complexity and impediments
- Measurement in Scrum
- Successful product delivery and “Done”
- Facilitation techniques
All participants completing the Professional Scrum Master II course will receive a password to attempt the Professional Scrum Master II assessment, and are also entitled to a 40% discount on the PSM III assessment. These industry-recognized PSM certifications require a minimum passing score on these rigorous assessments.
Who Should Attend?
The Professional Scrum Master II course is an advanced course specifically designed for experienced Scrum Masters who have a thorough understanding of the Scrum framework. It is particularly beneficial for those with at least one year of Scrum Master experience.
SmoothApps offers the following additional training courses, which are available publicly and privately.
- Professional Scrum Foundations (PSF)
- Professional Scrum Master (PSM)
- Professional Scrum Product Owner (PSPO)
- Professional Scrum Developer (PSD)
- Scaled Professional Scrum with Nexus (SPS)
- Professional Scrum with Kanban (PSK)
- Professional Agile Leadership (PAL-E)