PROFESSIONAL SCRUM WITH USER EXPERIENCE (PSU)
In this 2-day hands-on course students with some Scrum experience will learn how to integrate modern UX practices, (UX is more than UI) into the way they are working in Scrum and how to work most effectively within Scrum Teams. Design work can sometimes feel slow, and not well suited to quick agile cadences and Scrum events, but that isn’t the case. Learn UX techniques that fit beautifully into Scrum, and practice these techniques with cross-functional teams in class.
Students will leave the class understanding how to reconcile UX work with Scrum essentials like the Definition of “Done”, Backlog prioritization and delivering “Done” Increments every Sprint. You will learn how to handle design work that may extend beyond a single Sprint, continuing to deliver value each and every Sprint using Scrum.
- Understand how Scrum with UX enhance continuous learning
- Framing work as problems to solve
- Outcomes over outputs
- Managing UX work in Scrum
- Focus on users
All participants completing the Professional Scrum with User Experience course will receive a password to attempt the Professional Scrum with User Experience I (PSU I) assessment. Class participants who attempt the PSU I assessment within 14 days of receiving their free password
and do not score at least 85% will be granted a 2nd attempt at no additional cost.
Who Should Attend?
- Scrum Masters and Product Owners who will learn how to integrate the UX specialty with what they already know about the power of self-organizing cross-functional teams . This will enable them to help Development Teams to learn about the customer, plan learning/discovery/design work, and still deliver “Done” product each Sprint.
- People who know UX will learn how to work more effectively inside Scrum, managing work in Sprints and visualizing it in the Product Backlog. Learn how to lead cross-functional teams in discovery work and align the work of the team around learning and delivering value to users.
- Anyone involved in the delivering the product (engineers, product managers, etc) as technology teams work better when they’re collaborating across disciplines and specialties. But different priorities, types of work, and the specific working rhythms of each discipline can create silos on teams and inside organizations. Learn how to use the Scrum framework and UX techniques to align your team, focus on value, and foster collaboration.
SmoothApps offers the following additional training courses, which are available publicly and privately.
- Professional Scrum Foundations
- Professional Scrum Master
- Professional Scrum Master II
- Professional Scrum Developer
- Professional Scrum Product Owner
- Scaled Professional Scrum