Quite like the hand we prefer to use for writing, we are all born with certain innate preferences for interacting with the world, processing information, making decisions and implementing our ideas. These preferences influence the situations in which we feel natural, relaxed and confident, and those in which we feel uncomfortable, awkward and strained. For most of us, life is a journey in which we continuously learn and improve ourselves – mastering the skills for which we have a natural talent and increasing out comfort level in other areas where we may not be as gifted.
Without type awareness, differences in personality types can easily lead teams to conflict, deadlock and strains. Understanding the unique gifts of each type, on the other hand, helps bring teams closer together and generates measurable business benefits.
The Myers Briggs Type Instrument or the MBTI is an assessment that guides and accelerates this journey by shining a light on our blind spots and providing us practical techniques to overcome them. For over 50 years, the MBTI has helped understand individual differences and applying that understanding to the ways people think, communicate, and interact. It is the world’s most widely used personality assessment – with more than 2 million assessments being sold each year.
The MBTI Step I assessment provides a four letter personality type and establishes a foundation for applying type theory in your life. The MBTI Step II assessment builds upon the foundation created by the Step I. The Step II Interpretive Report is personalized to help you understand and apply your MBTI results. It describes your four-letter personality type in detail and displays your Step II facet results graphically. Personalized text explains those results on each of the 20 facets.
These results are applied to four important components of professional development, with suggestions on using your style more effectively:
- Change management
- Decision making
- Conflict management
Your results can be interpreted individually or in a group setting, over the phone or face to face (in the DFW area)
What Are The Benefits?
- Get a detailed, personalized MBTI Step II report that describes your four letter personality type and graphically displays the twenty facets of your personality.
- Understand your preferred approach to interacting with the world, processing information, making decisions and implementing your ideas.
- Identify the unique gifts of your personality type and the situations in which you can succeed naturally.
- Become aware of your blind spots and learn practical techniques to overcome them.
- Improve relationships by enhancing communication and conflict resolution.
- Learn a simple, step-by-step process to make better decisions.
- Become more powerful in dealing with change as an individual, a team member and a leader.
Once you complete taking the assessment and interpretation for MBTI Step I and Step II, you can attend SmoothApps sessions on applying personality type to: