Applying Professional Scrum(APS)
Applying Professional Scrum (APS) is a hands-on course that provides the foundational knowledge needed to work with Scrum in a highly practical way. The course is a combination of instruction and team-based exercises. During the exercises, students work in Scrum Teams over a series of Sprints to learn Scrum while using Scrum. They experience first-hand how the Scrum framework improves their ability to deliver value compared to traditional methods. The course also includes a free attempt at the globally recognized Professional Scrum Master I certification exam (PSM I). This course was previously known as Professional Scrum Foundations.
- Learn about Agility and how Scrum differs from traditional plan-driven work models
- Learn (or relearn) the fundamentals of Scrum and how to apply them correctly
- Develop an understanding of what it is like to use Scrum and if it is right for your team
- Learn how to be a great Scrum Team member
- Leave the class with ways to identify common pitfalls and how to avoid them
- Agility as a new way of working
- Exploring the Scrum Framework
- Planning and forecasting with Scrum
- Getting started with Scrum
All participants completing the Applying Professional Scrum course will receive a password to attempt the Professional Scrum Master I (PSM I) assessment. The industry-recognized PSM I certification requires a minimum passing score of 85%. APS class participants who attempt the PSM I assessment within 14 days of receiving their free password and do not score at least 85% will be granted a 2nd attempt at no additional cost.
Who Should Attend?
The Applying Professional Scrum course is the perfect introduction, reboot or refresher to Scrum. This course is for teams or anyone wanting to experience the Scrum way of working. APS provides the knowledge needed for anyone interested in taking role-focused training. We also suggest that you read through the APS Focus Areas.
SmoothApps offers the following additional training courses, which are available publicly and privately.
- Professional Scrum Master
- Professional Scrum Developer
- Professional Scrum Product Owner
- Scaled Professional Scrum