Kanban Management Professional (KMP II)
As a Kanban Management Professional (KMP II) participant, you will learn how to operate, manage and evolve Kanban over time. This class also covers how to improve agility with asymmetrical commitment and cadences along with recommended meetings, handling metrics and setting policy.
By the end of training, you will have learned how to:
- Deeper Kanban practices to sustain evolutionary improvements
- Organizational feedback loops enabled by the 7 Kanban cadences
- Fitness for purpose metrics
- How to fight Emotional objections to WIP limit introduction
- Evolutionary approach to change management
- Delivery reviews, ops reviews and risk reviews
The Kanban Management Professional (KMP II) class curriculum is based on the work of David J. Anderson, author of the definitive book, Kanban: Successful Evolutionary Change for your Technology Business and includes the following topics:
- Building an Information Flow: the 7 Cadences
- Dealing with resistance to WIP limits
- Understand asymmetrical commitment
- Rollout phases for a kanban initiative
- Developing a service orientation
- Kanban Values: a different approach to introducing kanban
- Scumban case study
- Managing evolutionary change
Each participant in the Kanban Management Professional (KMP II) class will receive the following:
- Courseware and materials
- Certificate of Completion for LeanKanban University’s Certified Kanban Training
- Membership in LeanKanban University and listing in the LKU Alumni Directory
- A digital copy of the book Kanban by David J. Anderson
Who Should Attend?
Kanban Management Professional (KMP II) training is for anyone wanting to learn how to operate, manage and evolve a Kanban system.
Alternative Path to Agility
This course is part of the Alternative Path to Agility series. The full series is designed to be taken in order and includes the following 3 classes:
- 1-day Team Kanban Practitioner (TKP)
- 2-day Kanban System Design (KMP I)
- 2-day Kanban Management Professional (KMP II)
5-day training sessions that include the 3 classes in the Alternative Path to Agility series are often available at special rates. Please contact us for details.