Kanban System Design (KMP I)
Contact us to
schedule a workshop.
As a Kanban System Design (KMP I) participant, you will learn how to design a Kanban system and initiate change with Kanban. This class also covers the basic concepts of flow, pull and collaborative improvement.
By the end of training, you will have learned how to:
- Identify and address bottlenecks
- Work with shifting priorities
- Deal with interrupt work and multi-tasking
- Deal with important but not time-critical work
- Avoid having work pile up in one place (or time) while there is a lack of work in another place
- Create flow in the work, the information to perform the work, and the teams that do the work
The Kanban System Design (KMP I) class curriculum is based on the work of David J. Anderson, author of the definitive book, Kanban: Successful Evolutionary Change for your Technology Business and includes the following topics:
- Controlling Work in Progress (moving from push to pull)
- Visualizing work (designing the card wall)
- Measuring and managing flow (control charts, flow diagrams)
- Making policies explicit (classes of service)
- Managing change and collaborative improvement
Each participant in the Kanban System Design (KMP I) class will receive the following:
- Courseware and materials
- Certificate of Completion of Lean Kanban University Certified Kanban Training in digital format
- Membership in Lean Kanban University and a listing in the LKU Alumni Directory
- A digital copy of the book Kanban by David J. Anderson
Who Should Attend?
Kanban System Design (KMP I) training is for anyone wanting to design a new Kanban system or get more out of their current Kanban system.
Alternative Path to Agility
This course is part of the Alternative Path to Agility series. The full series is designed to be taken in order and includes the following 3 classes:
- 1-day Team Kanban Practitioner (TKP)
- 2-day Kanban System Design (KMP I)
- 2-day Kanban Management Professional (KMP II)
5-day training sessions that include the 3 classes in the Alternative Path to Agilityseries are often available at special rates. Please contact us for details.