PROFESSIONAL SCRUM WITH KANBAN TRAINING (PSK)
The 2-day Professional Scrum with Kanban (PSK) course teaches Scrum practitioners how to apply Kanban practices to their work. Through theory, case studies, and hands-on exercises, participants will understand the importance of transparency and flow as it pertains to the Scrum framework. Scrum is the defacto standard for how Agile teams work. Scrum exists only in its entirety and functions well as a container for other techniques, methodologies and practices. Scrum Teams keep improving how they work, based on what they learn by inspecting and adapting on an ongoing basis. In this class, students will learn how Scrum Teams can introduce additional practices from Kanban while continuing the way they are already working today with Scrum, all without changing Scrum. Scrum.org and our Professional Scrum Trainers have worked with Daniel Vacanti in the creation of this course. In 2007 Daniel helped to develop the Kanban Method for knowledge work. He managed the world’s first project implementation of Kanban that year, and has been conducting Kanban training, coaching, and consulting ever since.
Students will learn how their Scrum Teams can introduce complementary practices from Kanban while continuing the way they are already working with Scrum, all without changing Scrum. In this class, students will:
- Gain a clear understanding of how flow works within the context of Scrum
- Be introduced to Kanban practices that Scrum Teams can adopt to help improve their effectiveness and efficiency
- Understand how to effectively use the appropriate Kanban practices without changing Scrum
- Learn a practical approach to improving transparency and visibility of work
- Professional Scrum Primer
- Kanban Theory, Principles and Practices
- Kanban in Practice
- Scrum with Kanban (Artifacts, Events, Roles)
All participants completing the Professional Scrum with Kanban course will receive a password to attempt the PSK assessment. The industry-recognized PSK certification requires a minimum passing score on this rigorous assessment.
Who Should Attend?
The Professional Scrum with Kanban course is for anyone doing Scrum. It is particularly beneficial for those people within an organization who use Scrum to deliver products to market including Product Owners, Development Team Members and Scrum Masters.
Scrum.org offers the following additional training courses, which are available publicly and privately.
- Professional Scrum Foundations
- Professional Scrum Master
- Professional Scrum Product Owner
- Professional Scrum Developer
- Scaled Professional Scrum
- Professional Agile Leadership Essentials